Last Updated on December 2, 2022
We are grateful for the on-going support we receive from individuals, families, businesses and other organizations in our community. It is thanks to your support that we are able to continue supporting those in our community who are in need of a little extra help with food security throughout the year.
There are many food drives and other fundraising events being run by businesses and community organizations, which will be supporting the Richmond Food Bank. We also continue to accept food donations at the food bank bins at King’s Independent Grocer and the Post Office, and monetary donations by cheque or eTransfer (see our Donate page for details).
Here are some of the upcoming food drives and fundraising events:
- Lion’s Club Christmas Cheer Campaign:
- The annual Lion’s Club Christmas Cheer campaign is underway.
- You can direct your Christmas Cheer donation to the Richmond Food Bank by indicating this on your pledge form.
- Drop-off of donations is on Saturday, December 3rd from 10:00am to 2:00pm at “Christmas Cheer Central” at M. Harvey Sheds located at 6044 Perth Street, Richmond.
- Jabulani Vineyard & Winery:
- Jabulani Vineyard & Winery (8005 Jock Trail Road, Richmond) is once again hosting their annual Christmas Event.
- Admission to the event is a food or monetary donation to the Richmond Food Bank.
- They will be open on December 10, 11, 17 & 18 from 11am to 4pm
- They will have live music, Christmas goodies, mulled wine, chestnuts roasting, and wine tasting.
- Toy collection at the Northern Tattoo Company:
- The Northern Tattoo Company (6179 Perth Street) is collecting donations of new toys which will support the Richmond Food Bank holiday hampers and Toy Mountain.
- They are also accepting monetary and food donations for the Richmond Food Bank.
- Gift Card Tree at King’s Independent Grocer
- Simply select a gift card from the tree, and load it at check-out. The gift cards will be provided directly to the Richmond Food Bank.
- Various food drives:
- Richmond Village Association Drive-Thru Santa Parade (Saturday, December 3rd)
- St. Philip Catholic School:
- The students at St. Philip School have set a lofty goal of collecting 2,750 items for the Richmond Food Bank by December 9th. You can follow their progress on their Twitter page and by searching the hashtag #FalconFoodDrive.
- Richmond Public School
- South Carleton High School
- Sacred Heart High School
- St. Philip Catholic Church
Other recent food drives and fundraising activities included:
- Richmond Pop-Up Market (Sunday, November 13)
- Ritchie’s Christmas Bazaar (Saturday, November 19)
Thank you Richmond, Munster and surrounding area for supporting the Richmond Food Bank!